BASE TRAINING & EDUCATION SERVICES (BTES)
BTES consists of WAPS Testing, CDC/PME Testing, Formal Training, Education Services, Base Training, and Civilian Training.
MISSION: Offer professional guidance to enhance individual and mission readiness, educate and equip Airmen of available Air Force education programs, and assist in preparing the world's elite fighting force through education.
Based on Resource Management Decision 703 (RMD 703), Education Services lost its Customer Service position and 2 Counselor positions. Based on these losses, a walk in or telephone customer service function could not be sustained. All questions regarding Education/CCAF/Testing/Appointments and Tuition Assistance are accomplished through emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add your last 4 SSAN and contact information to all emails. The more information you provide in your request, such as Course Name, Course Number, start/stop dates, exam you are requesting, the more accurate your response can be.
Hours of Operation:
0830-1600 Monday-Friday. (By Appointment Only)
**** If you would like to schedule an individual appointment, please submit your request to email@example.com with your full name, the last 4 of SSAN and the reason for your appointment (i.e. changing schools, degrees, CCAF, or initial TA briefing).
TESTING: Testing for Course 14, SOS, DLAB, DLPT, and AFCT is accomplished Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 0800 hrs, and Tuesday at 1300 hrs. All test scheduling is done on line. Please use the Scheduling Instructions. Individuals retraining will need to take the Air Force Classification Test (AFCT).
**** The base Education Office is no longer offering proctoring services for civilian exams. However, the Bossier Parish Community College (678-6002) and Louisiana State University (797-5187) do offer proctoring services for a fee.
2014 Annual Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Concil (MAC) Scholarship Application : Application deadline 9 May 14 to the Shreveport-Bossier Military Affairs Council. This is a $1,000 scholarship. The MAC scholarship principally targets Active Duty members assigned to Barksdale AFB, but the program is also open to Air Force Reserve members assigned to Barksdale AFB. Please use MAC Scholarship Application Questions regarding the scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course 14 v6 Registration: All MSgts and TSgts with a promotion line number and who have completed NCOA in residence are eligible to enroll in Course 14. This is now a self registration process. See Instructions.
Squardon Officer School (SOS)/Registration: To obtain more information on SOS or the SOS DLP (Course 20), please visit http://www.au.af.mil/au/soc/sos.asp, or http://www.au.af.mil/au/soc/course20.asp.
Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME): To obtain information and to register for the SEJPME, please go to http://www.jfsc.ndu.edu/schools_programs/se_jpme/default.asp. If this does not work, GOOGLE/BING in SEJPME and select the Joint Force Staff College web site.
Course 14/ SEJPME Updates: To get your Course 12/14 or SJEPME updated, you must go to https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/landing ,Left Column Scroll down to "MY ACCOUNT", Select Incidents/Message, Select "Email us" in the right hand corner,Component: Active Duty, Category: Benefit and Entitlements , Subject: Request SJEPME/Course 14 update Question: Request my SEJPME/Course 14 be updated. Please see attached certificate...., Attach Document/Email, Browse... and attached.
Certificates are the ONLY acceptable source documents. Request for certificate updates should only be sent 30 days after the completion date, to allow time for automatic system updates to occur.
Once the member's record is updated to show course completion it will show immediately in vMPF, but may still take up to 4-6 weeks for it to reflect in the Assignment Management System (AMS) SURF. AU/CFR mails out the certificates/diplomas weekly for those who have completed Senior NCO enlisted non-resident course. They will not mail out another certificate/diploma until 30 days after the initial mailing has elapsed.
If members cannot provide a completion certificate for their course 12/14 ONLY the member can e-mail the AU Organizational Help Desk at (email@example.com) to request a mailed copy of their certificate. Students submitting requests need to include their full name, last-4 of SSN, and which AU course they are currently enrolled into in the e-mail body. For further assistance, members may also review the Frequently Asked Questions.
College Level Examination Program (CLEPS) /Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) exams are called Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) Exams: Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC) National Testing Center (NTC) administers CLEPS/DANTES exams for Barksdale. They are currently testing on Monday and Wednesdays by appointment only. See attachment for exams offered and scheduling your exams. If you must cancel your exam, you need to notify the BPCC NTC. BPCC Flyer Here
- For information regarding CLEPS you have already taken please call 850-452-1111.
- If you are taking CLEPS/DANTES exams at another location and you want the results to go to CCAF, their code is 7992, Community College of the Air Force, CCAF/DEAUX, 100 South Turner Blvd, Maxwell- Gunter AFB, AL 36114-3011.
***Please check with your university for a listing of what exams they will or will not accept.***
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF THE AIR FORCE (CCAF):
- Every enlisted member is automatically enrolled in a CCAF degree plan that coincides with their AFSC. To obtain your degree you must have your five level, meet residence requirements, 24 hours in your technical area, 6 hours in Leadership and Management (covered by ALS), 15 program electives and 15 Hrs in General Education which includes English, Math, Social Science, Speech and Humanities. Every degree is different in what credits can count in the technical area. If you are separation or retiring, your classes must end while you are still on active duty.
- To check your degree plan, sign on to the AFVEC, under CCAF actions there is a link for your Web Progress Report. You will click on the Degree Title, and it will bring up your report. If you are registered in the wrong degree, or your tech school, ALS, or other military courses are not listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. At this appointment, the counselor will advise you what courses/exams can be used to complete your CCAF degree.
- To check to see if the courses you are planning on taking counts towards your CCAF degree go into your CCAF Web progress report, scroll down until you see "Civilian Course Conversion Table" (CIVCCT). You will input the state of your college and then select your college from the drop down menu. Hit retrieve, and a listing of all the courses accepted by CCAF and in what area (ex: Math, Social Science) will be listed on the table.
- To get civilian credits posted on your CCAF Progress report, you must contact your university/college and have them send an official transcript directly to Community College of the Air Force/DESS, 100 South Turner Road, Gunter Annex, Al 36114-3011. Transcripts can take 30 to 45 days or longer to update onto your web progress report. Conferring of degrees is accomplished year round. As soon as you have completed all your requirements, have your transcripts sent to CCAF.
- CCAF only prints diplomas twice a year. CCAF refers to the Spring Session as the April Class, and the fall as the October Class. This is just a designation of lists; this does not mean that the graduation ceremonies will only be held in April or October.
- Cut off for April class is normally the last Friday in February, and for the fall class the cutoff is normally the last Friday in August. This means the transcripts must have been received by the CCAF before that date.
- Professional Manager Certificate (PMC) is a professional credential awarded by CCAF that formally recognizes an individual's advanced level of education and experience in leadership and management as well as professional accomplishments. To learn more about this certificate visit https://augateway.maxwell.af.mil/ccaf/certifications/pmc/. For more information, contact the CCAF Credentialing Programs Flight at DSN 749-5020 / (334) 649-5020 or e-mail email@example.com. If your PMC needs to be updated, email the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the last four of your SSAN.
- CCAF transcripts - to order your transcript, please visit http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp, or GOOGLE/BING in Community College of the Air Force Transcripts. Located below is the physical address for the Community College of the Air Force:
Community College of the Air Force
100 South Turner Blvd
Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex AL 36114-3011
NOTE: If the link and or website is currently unavailable, you may use the following options to order your CCAF transcript:
1.) Mail a letter to the CCAF requesting a transcript, you will need to included your full name, the last four of your SSN, your Date of Birth, and the address in which you wish to have your transcript mailed to. (This option is free, please ensure that the letter is physically SIGNED or your information will not be released).
2.) Credentials, INC does overnight and regular deliveries using a service called TranscriptPLUS for a fee. This service can be located at https://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/dvcgitp.pgm?ALUMTRO012308. (This option is not free, you will incur regular first class mail and or FedEx overnight delivery fees).
- Education Office can no longer provide CCAF verification letters. On 28 February 2013, a message coordinated between AFPC and CCAF, addressed to all MAJCOMS and Education offices required us to immediately cease from providing CCAF verification letters for EPRs; as it was causing complications with the promotion boards.
***New FY14 Tuition Assistance Changes: Effective Immediately all Courses beginning on or after 1 Oct 13.
1. Military TA will automatically be denied for Airmen currently with UIFs, failed PT tests, referral EPR/OPS or if on a Control Roster. If an individual already has started a course and then is disqualified, the individual will not be removed from the course.
2. Foreign language courses are only approved as part of a degree or if on the approved DoD shortage list.
3. Military TA cannot be used for multiple degrees at the same level, except CCAF, SAF/International Affairs and JA (Cyber Law)
4. Supervisors are now a part of the MilTA approval process to ensure:
- Airmen's duties will not interfere with completion of courses (s)
- No discretionary show stoppers (i.e. TDY, PCS)
- Awareness of the "readiness" of their Airmen (i.e. personal, financial or professional hindrances to course completion)
- Must ensure their personal information (e-mail account) and supervisor's contact information is loaded in AFVEC
- Submit an initial plan of study as an e-degree. Follow instructions on AFVEC. Members are allowed to only take 6 hours using an initial degree plan. Once this is reached, an evaluated degree plan will need to be submitted.
- Send all transcripts to their University to obtain an evaluated degree plan. Then update the evaluated degree plan
- Each TA request will require the supervisor to approve or disapproved. The supervisor will also have the option to reject TA requests, when they are not or no longer the supervisor.
- Supervisors will be notified of reimbursement actions for failed or missing grades.
- Each degree plan, weather evaluated or non-evaluated (generic) will be need in order for TA approval.
- Non-evaluated (generic) degree plan is an unofficial degree plan not specifically tailored to you. NOTE: This type of degree plan is only acceptable up to 6 credit hours. You have to submit an evaluated degree plan for TA approval that will allow you to continue past those 6 credit hours.
- An evaluated degree plan is a personalized plan developed with and by an academic advisor. This plan lists all of the courses required for a degree and any other college transferred from other universities. It will summarize the credits and courses needed to complete the degree, the number of credits transferred and the number of remaining credits left.
Colleges & Degree Programs
Louisiana Tech University
Hours: 0830-1730 Phone: 456-5006
- Associate/Bachelor of Arts, General Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Arts, Counseling and Guidance
- Master of Arts, Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Information Insurance: (POC) Dr. Doug Amyx, Associate Dean for Graduate Studies
Louisiana Tech University Global Campus
- Health Information Administration
- Health Information Technology
- Health Information Management - Masters
- Second Careers in Teaching (SCIT)
- Graduate Certificate in Technical Writing and Communications
- Graduate Certificate in Dynamics of Domestic and Family Violence
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Hours: 0800-1630 Phone: 456-2272
- Airframe/Powerplant Type 65 program
- Associate/Bachelor of Science Aviation Maintenance
- Associate/Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics
- Associate/Bachelor of Science, Technical Management
- Master of Science in Management/ Master of Science in Aeronautical Science
- (WEB BASED CLASSES ALSO AVAILABLE VIA INTERNET)
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
Hours: 0730-1700 (Friday 0730-1130) Phone: 741-2801
- BSN Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- 26 Degree Programs exclusively offered Online including Associate's, Bachelor's & Master's
Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC)
-A+, Security+, Network+, Linux+ Certifications
Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC)
Various two year degrees, certification and licensure programs
Southern University, Shreveport/Bossier City
Various undergraduate degrees and Nursing
Louisiana State University/Shreveport
Approximately 48 Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs
Centenary College of Louisiana
Private Liberal Arts College with 41 Undergraduate, 21 pre-professional programs and 2 Graduate degree programs
Helpful Military Sites
Air Force Portal
The Air Force Virtual Education Center –is located under Top Viewed: Force Development. Use this site to obtain CCAF transcripts, CCAF web progress reports, CLEP/DANTES study guides, and accomplish TA on line.
The Air Force Institute for Advanced Distributed Learning (AFIADL) formally ECI site provides information regarding all Professional Military Education programs. Select the courses under Base Ed/Trng office menu.
This site contains information on certification programs, study material for DANTES and Excelsior exams, Troops to Teachers, DANTES transcript request forms and DANTES External Degree Catalog.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can also find FAFSA pre-application worksheets are found at www.fafsa.ed.gov/preappwk56.pdf.
Information on loans, scholarships and Military aid are found here. Financial aid applications also available here at this website.
Graduate School grants and financial aid information is available here.
U.S. Department of Education
Educational Resources and financial aid information is available here.
An extensive list of scholarships and grants available for the military community is available here.
(American College Test). Registration, testing, test date availability and information available here.
(Scholastic Aptitude Test). Registration and Prep information is available here.
GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS
General Testing Information on GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS is available here.
Other Great Sites
G.I. BILL & Scholarships
National Center of Education