HAPPENINGS - 2 FORCE SUPPORT SQUADRON
To subscribe to the weekly "FSS HAPPENINGS" please click here.
Events listed below are open to ALL DOD ID card holders and their dependents unless otherwise stipulated.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/2fssbarksdale
HOOPS – Win $5000 TRAVEL AGENCY Ducks Unlimited
Concealed Carry Doubles Lunch League St Patty’s 5K Run
8AF Golf Tournament Youth Baseball Flag Lk Bass Tourney
Gametasticfest II St. Patty’s No tap Heavy MetalWhodunnit?
3-D Archery AFGSC Top 3 Golf Tournament Horseback Riding Trip
4 Person Best Ball Golf Smart Leader Mil Student Advisory Council
Easter Brunch Cheerleading Class Tutoring
Childcare Openings A&FRC MARKET FRESH
PHOTOGRAPHY PLAYPASS EXTENDED Birthday Party Pkg’s
- Starting in March, get a game piece at Barksdale Lanes or Fox Run with your meal purchase
- Win food, golf, bowling and up to $500 in gift cards instantly
- You could also Win $5000, $2500, $1500, or $1000 CASH
- Watch for HOOPS, coming in March!
New! Barksdale Travel Agency
- Licensed travel agent on hand
- All the ITT functions – discounted attraction tickets, trips, information
- New full travel agent services – book cruises, airline flights, hotel, car rental or
- Leveraged buying through international host agency = great pricing
- Examples: 40% off Disney cruises, 60% off Disney tickets, FREE Universal Studio
tickets, $29 Blue Man Group – making vacation memories daily!
- Visit us inside Arts & Crafts Center or call 456-1866
Barksdale Ducks Unlimited Banquet
The Barksdale AFB Chapter of Ducks Unlimited will hold their annual banquet on Thursday, 7 March 2013, at the Stripes Club. The banquet includes an all-you-can-eat buffet, live and silent auctions, and door prizes. Tickets are $50 which includes the buffet and a one year membership to Ducks Unlimited; $70 for couples, which includes 1 one- year membership; and $30 for green wings, under the age of 17. All proceeds for the event go to Louisiana Ducks Unlimited to preserve waterfowl habitat and provide resources for conservation projects across the state. Please contact Bob Behrens, 719.325.6367 or Andy Thomson, 318.205.0279 for tickets or more information.
Louisiana Concealed Handgun Class
- 9 March
- 2 SFS Combat Arms Firing Range
- $75 for all ID card holders (active, retired, dependent, and GS)
- Class is from 8am to 3pm
- Lunch is provided
- Handgun and 1 box of ammunition (50rds)
- Must be on the class roster for access to base with firearm
- Call Terry Miguez for details (318) 518-6657
Doubles Lunch Time Bowling League
- Build your 2 person team now & start practicing
- League starts Mar 14 - Jun 2 (16 weeks)
- 11am to 12 pm
- $7.50 / bowler
- Bowl 2 games during lunch
- Leaguers get double punched on Lunch Bunch cards w/combo
- Win Cash prizes
- Sign up at Barksdale Lanes / 456-4133.
St. Patty’s 5K Fun Run
- 15 Mar , 0800 at Fitness Center
- Wear your green
- Great door prized after run
- Details at 456-4135
8th AF Top 3 Golf Tournament
15 March, 1230 shotgun start at Fox Run
Sign up with TSgt David Patch at email@example.com
work - 318-529-1157 cell - 318-401-0050
- Register through 15 March at Youth Center
- $65 includes fees, cap and jersey (late registration: 16-20 March $80)
- Parents meeting 28 March
- Practice starts around 29 March; Season runs 19 April- 26 May
- Volunteer coaches are needed
For details, contact Mr. Mahtorhee Bell: 456-3448 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Flag Lake Bass Fish Tournament
- March 16 at Old Housing Dock
- Begins 30 minutes prior to sunrise, Weigh-in at 1300
- Advance sign up at Equipment Rental or day of
- $20 per 2 man team/boat
- $5/ person Big Bass
- Single Airmen Teams that want to participate will be provided boat package to use and reduced event registration. Must provide own boater's safety card, base and state fishing license, live well, and fishing equipment. Limited to the first 6 - 2 person teams. Teams must register at Equipment Rental before event. Fee is $10 per team.
- For more information, call 453-0976
- Black Ops II – ZOMBIES … Grief
- Score Card: A knockout concept... 4 teams of 4
- Lose – knocked out for 1 round
- Win – continue to the next round …Points are added to the scoreboard - points are averaged to any previous score
- Cost: Pay $10 entry fee and free match … continue to the next round for free if you continue to win or $1 per match buy-in if knocked out
- Register any time during game play
- Food and Drinks will be available for purchase
- Game play runs for two days:
- March 15 from 5pm-11pm
- March 16 from 10am-6pm
- Final rounds March 16 from 7pm to 9pm at Stripes Ballroom
- Finals round consists of the top 16 players on the scoreboard competing against each other for the GRAND PRIZE!
- Details (318) 456-4926
St Patty’s 9 pin no tap Bowling
- 16 Mar 6 pm at Barksdale Lanes
- 9 Counts as strike
- Win Cash
- Dress up in green and you’ll be entered to win prizes!
- Details at 456-4133
Heavy Metal Whodunnit?
- 16 Mar, 630 pm at library
- Prizes! Food! Fun!
- A whodunit that's interactive for youth detectives to solve the crime of kidnapping.
- Help figure out the clues and rescue the victims!
- Fun and food and prizes for The Detectives!
- Call 456-4101 for details
- 17 Mar on the East Reservation
- Every 3rd Sunday of the month, Feb- Sep
- Registration: 8am-2pm with a California start
- Guests from off-base welcome to participate
- Those w/o base access must call 453-0976 by Mon prior to the shoot for access
Global Strike Top 3 Golf Tournament
- 22 March, 1100 shotgun start at Fox Run Golf Course
Sign up with MSgt Karon Williams at 456-2249
Horseback Riding trip
Join us for an afternoon in Historic Jefferson, Texas and an hour trail ride at Karma Farms.
Saturday, March 23rd Depart at 1130 return appox. 530
$25 per person, must be 18 years or older to participate
Sign up and pay at Equipment Rental by March 21st,
For more information call 453-0976
4 Person Best ball golf Tourney
- 24 Mar, 1300 at Fox Run
- cost: members $10 + green & cart fee
- non-members $15 + green & cart fee
- prizes: closest to pin, door prizes, etc
- Details at 456-2263
Becoming a Smart Leader”
Thoughtful Insight from an Experienced Community Leader LTC (Ret.) Henry L. Burns
Louisiana District 9 State Legislator
Thursday, March 28, 3 – 4 PM @ Barksdale AFB Youth Center
All are welcome and encouraged to attend
Details at 456-3448
Military Student Advisory Council
Who: All military-affiliated students and parents of Bossier Parish Schools
When: 27 March, 3 pm at Youth Center
1) To give a voice to all military connected students to discuss their experiences and concerns
2) To encourage a sharing of ideas between students, the school and the Military Student Transition Consultant
3) To promote a partnership between the military community and Bossier Parish Schools.
For more information contact:
Georgette Price, Military Student Transition Consultant (MSTC) for Bossier Parish Schools
318-549-6164 / email@example.com / www.nicerc.org/mstc
- 31 MARCH 10:00am – 2:00pm at Barksdale Club
- Traditional Breakfast, Waffle Station, Omelets made to order
- Carved Prime Rib, Carved Virginia Honey Baked Ham, Mashed Potatoes with gravy, Rice Pilaf, Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans Almandine, Calico Corn, Honey Ginger Carrots, Market Fresh Salad Bar, Various Desserts
- CLUB MEMBERS $20, NON CLUB MEMBERS $22,
- CHILDREN 6y-11y $11, CHILDREN 5 AND UNDER FREE
- MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS TODAY! 456-4926
- Register at the Youth Center
- $50 /month
- Ages 5 - 13 are welcome
- Details at 456-3448
- Tutoring program to all Youth Program members.
Mon-Fri, 3:00 - 6:00pm @ Barksdale AFB Youth Programs
- Details at 456-3448
Child Care Openings
- Immediate Preschool (3-5 year old) openings!
- Register at Child Development Center
- Nationally accredited by NAECP and NAEYC
- Call 456-4139 for more information
Airmen &Family Readiness Center Events
*Key Spouse Orientation, March 7, 9am.
For newly appointed Key Spouses or Key Spouse Mentors
*Hidden Strengths, March 8, 1130am.
This one-hour workshop topic is "Relaxation & Stress Relief". Bring a lunch and a friend.
*Gifted/Talented Children's Showcase, March 9, 10am, at Hoban Hall.
Designed to introduce our military families to local resources that foster and enhance the gifted/talented programs and display talent while highlighting Women's History Month. There will be a bouncy castle, popcorn machine, balloons and door prizes. Come out with your family and have fun!
*Troops to Teachers, March 13, 10 am.
This workshop is for active duty and DoD civilians interested in a second career in education. Participants will have an understanding of the Troops to Teachers program to include program function, eligibility and application information.
*He Said, She Said, March 19, 11 am.
Eight powerful phrases - such as "I respect you,” "I desire you," and "I believe in you," will revolutionize communication between couples.
**2 BW military members may receive a one-day pass if they are newly married (three years or less) or married returning from a deployment of six months or more if they attend with their spouse.**
*Families First Event - Egg Hunt, March 23, 2 pm, at The Landings.
For families of those deployed, about to deploy or those who have recently returned & EFMP families. Please RSVP by 20 March.
Airman & Family Readiness Center 456-8400
Find us on Facebook/Barksdale AFB Airman & Family Readiness Center
MARKET FRESH LUNCH
- Have a healthy lunch at the Barksdale Club – Tues-Fri, 11am-1pm
- Up to 128 Chef selected items on the salad bar
- Delectable dining while staying Fit to Fight
- $6.95 for members, $8.95 for non-members. Add the hot buffet for just $1 more.
- Details at 456-4926
- Lori Lambert Photography, PPA (Professional Photographers of America)
- Studio or location shoots
- Available by appointment now at the Arts & Crafts Center
- Call 456-3140 for details
- For those Deploying, deployed or recently returned
- Program has been extended to December 2013
- Pick up a card at A&FRC or have your expired card extended
- Cards may be redeemed for discounts and offers at FSS (i.e., bowling, free 8” X 10” portrait, etc.)
New! Kid’s Bowling Birthday Party Packages
Barksdale Lanes has Birthday bowling party packages starting at about $6 per child. Packages feature a keepsake signed bowling pin balloon bouquet that your child can keep as a birthday icon. Package features vary. Barksdale Lanes is also a safe, controlled party setting for your children. Stay on base – it’s fun, safe & you will save.