Barksdale AFB Pools
North Pool: 456-3482
POOL PASSES & ADMISSION
Admission applies even if you are not swimming. Please Note: ID cards must be presented at the gate.
Kids 10 & under must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian. Kids 11-13 may enter unaccompanied with a demonstrated ability to swim. Kids 14 & older are not required to be accompanied.
SWIM LESSON IMFORMATION
Who can participate?
Persons physically able to learn swimming, 6 months or older with an ID card holding sponsor. Children not potty trained are required to wear swim diapers. Disposable diapers are not acceptable. Parents must ensure children wear a bathing suit and are ready for class 5 min prior to start time. Students should bring a towel or robe, sun screen (SPF 15 or above), and goggles if needed for all swim classes since these items are not provided. Prices are $45 per session. All classes are held at the North Pool. For details about skills learned during swim lessons and a review of the Red Cross standard for each level please view levels below.
Red Cross Swim Lesson Checklist
Session #1: 29 May-11 June Session #2: 17 June-27 June Session #3: 8 July-18 July
CLASS TIMES (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu)
NOTE: *IPAP is a class for infants assisted by a parent. It is a basic introduction to the water. ** Level 4 and 5 will be taught together. ***The Adult level is for adults that do not know how to swim or need to improve their skills to feel comfortable in the water.
Reservations can be made at Equipment Rental. The North Pool is available for parties on Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs from 8:00pm-11:00pm and on Fri, Sat and Sun from 7pm-11:00pm. An additional fee is added for parties over 100 people without alcohol or those with alcohol over 80 people. NOTE: Groups desiring alcohol at their party must submit an approved letterof request in advance of the date of the party. This form must be submitted via the chain of command indicated. Once approved the original must be presented to the Pool Manager at the North Pool.
GENERAL POOL RULES
1. PARENTS/GUARDIANS MUST WATCH YOUR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES.
2. All swimmers must shower before entering the pool area.
3. No running, dunking or excessive horseplay. No spins, flips, diving or going backwards from the side of the pool. No underwater breath holding is allowed at any time.
4. For the safety of yourself and others, please DO NOT swim if you have a cold, diarrhea, excessive sunburn or unhealed abrasions.
5. No smoking, alcoholic beverages/beverages, food, gum or candy allowed. Snack bar operation is available.
6. All swimmers must wear appropriate swim attire. Plastic pants or swim diapers are required for all infants and toddlers not potty trained.
7. Children using the slide must be able to swim the width of the pool or have a life vest on. Adults may not use the slide with their children or catch children at the bottom of the slide.
8. Instructions of the lifeguard must be obeyed.
9. Noodles, water wings, and baby floats are not permitted due to safety regulations. Only Coast Guard approved life vests are permitted and available for use free of charge.
10. Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Minors 11 to 13 years old with a demonstrated ability to swim will be allowed in the pool area without an adult. Teenagers 14 and older may enter unaccompanied.
Use PLAYpass Here!