Air Force Club membership at the Barksdale Club provides many outstanding benefits and discounts when it comes to Club programs, events, dining and catering. Not a member? Go by the Club or visit www.afclubs.net to sign up and start enjoying your membership today!
The Barksdale Club is located by the North Gate.
Exciting Benefits from the Military Free Cash Rewards Program!
Cash Deposits into a Chase Banking Account, if you have one – in any denomination starting as low as $20
- Check or Statement Credits in any denomination starting as low as $20
- 100+ Gift Card Options for top brand Restaurants, Retail Stores, Travel, Entertainment and more
- 1000’s of merchandise items (electronics, smart phones, movies)
- Charitable Options – convert points to Donations (World Wildlife Fund & ASCPA)
Earn an incremental 1 point for airfare & hotel accommodations when you book through Chase Travel Advisors using the Air Force Club Membership MasterCard
Earn 2% for all room bookings and on-resort purchases at Armed Forces Recreation Center Resorts – including Shades of Green Resort on Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida; Hale Koa Resort in Honolulu, Hawaii; Edelweiss Lodge & Resort in Garmisch, Germany; and Dragon Hill Lodge in Seoul, Korea.
Need your next event catered?
The Barksdale Club has one of the area’s best catering services. For parties, receptions, luncheons, squadron social hours, meetings or dinners, call the Club and let them handle the details for you. For all the occasions that you will remember for a lifetime, the Club's professional touch offers a wide range of dining and decorating options to best suit your tastes and your budget.
Barbara Grindle can be reached Tuesday through Friday at 453-4751, hours vary, please call back if there is no answer or send an email to email@example.com
Hours of Operation
Office/Administration: Tuesday - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Catering (appointments appreciated): Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00 am- 2:00 pm
Friday: By appointment only
Phone: (318) 456-4926 / Fax: (318) 746-2205
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Hangar II: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 - 8:00 pm / Friday: 4:00 - 10:00pm
Stripes Club: Closed for remodeling
(Acting) Club Manager: Mrs. Rose Black
Operations Manager/Catering: Ms. Barbara Grindle
Club Food & Beverage Manager: Mr. Jason Neal
Monday - Friday
For more information contact the Barksdale Club 318-456-5985
BURGER BURN TUESDAY
Every Tuesday 5p-8p @ Hangar 2
ONLY $7 (includes sides)
STEAK BURN WEDNESDAY
Every Wednesday 5p-8p @ Hangar 2
8 oz ribeye w/ salad & potato for $7.50
8 oz. filet /salad & potato for $13
Add a Thai Salad for $2 more
BEER & BRAT THURSDAY
Every Thursday 5p-8p @ Hangar 2
2 bratwursts (grill your own) and draft beer, bartender choice* for only $5
*excludes local draft
FREE BREAKFAST OFFER
Show your Club Card 2ND FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH @ STRIPES CLUB from 7 am to 8am
& get FREE Starbucks coffee and breakfast
Calendar Of Events
See Calendar of Events Located on Home Page for More Information
Military Free Cash Rewards Program: The military Free Cash Rewards Program is for all Barksdale Club MasterCard holders! Club members earn 2 points per dollar spent in all Force Support Squadron facilities, the Commissary, and the BX (including gas), and 1 point per dollar spent off-base. Redeem points for cash, gift cards, airline tickets, hotels, and more! If you're not a Barksdale Club member, now is a great time to join for this free cash-back rewards program. MasterCard members not enrolled in the program can do so by calling Chase Card Member Services (CMS) toll-free at 1-800-759-0294. For more information on the MFC program or becoming a Barksdale Club member, call 318-456-4926 or visit:
Daily Lunch Buffet
Tuesday thru Friday (All Ranks)
Hot Buffet, Soup, Bread, Desert, & Salad Bar - Members $8.95 / Non-members $10.95
Salad Bar Featuring up to 128 “Chef Selected" Items
Market Fresh Concept ranges from spring-green lettuce, fresh spinach, seasonal fruits, garden fresh vegetables, assorted grains, and selective cuts of meats!
Barksdale Club is the place to be for lively entertainment.
Hangar II is located behind the club adjacent to the the swimming pool by the North Gate and hosts many base-wide events including First Fridays, Oktoberfest and many more.
Stripes Club is in Bldg 1955, adjacent to the Golf Course near the West Gate and hosts Texas Hold'em, and much more.
The Most Exclusive Club's at Barksdale
Join in the fun at Hangar II. Choose a mug and we'll have it custom engraved with your name, call sign, or preferred design. The mugs cost $15 for members and $20 for non-members. It will hang above the bar. Stop by Hangar II and fill out your order form!
2015 Air Force Club Scholarship Program
Mark your calendars
The 2015 Air Force Club scholarship program will begin accepting applications on March 2, 2015. Come back in March to submit your essay!
2015 Essay Topic Question
Are we too dependent on access to digital information systems (smart phones, tablets, computers, call centers, etc.), and how has this changed our lives, considering its readily available 24 hours a day?
Over the past sixteen years, the Air Force Club Scholarship Program has provided college tuition assistance to over four hundred Air Force Club Members and/or their families. During this period, almost $400,000 has been awarded. This program continues to be a valuable benefit of AF Club Membership, is well supported by our current Club Members, and is a great incentive for new memberships. The program kicks-off in February, with essay submission starting 2 March and closing out 1 May. This program is open only to new or current Air Force Club Members, in good standing, and their eligible family members. The AF Club Scholarship Program is sponsored in part by Chase Bank*. The AF Club Scholarship Program is offered yearly to show-case AF Club Membership benefits. This benefit should be proudly promoted at all participating clubs.
- Scholarship Awards
- Ten (10) - $1000.00 scholarship awards
- Thirty (30) - $500.00 scholarship awards
- checks mailed to winner, made payable to the school of choice
- Installation level incentives to participate/promote
- Two $1000.00 grants for the top two installations with the highest number of eligible essays submitted
Scholarship Drawing Procedures
All essays will be scored by a panel of four judges. Each judge will score each essay from 1-10 with 10 being the highest score. Scores will be totaled and the top ten essays will each win a $1K scholarship; the next top thirty essays will win a $500 scholarship. All required documents must be received prior to award of funds. AF Club Members and their eligible family members can only participate in this program once every two years.
Eligibility/Non-Eligibility, Essay Rules and Restrictions
- Open to AF Club Members in good standing (account is not inactive, delinquent, or charged off), their eligible family members (spouse, son, daughter, step children, and grandchildren who are dependents) and those deployed
- Entrant must be currently attending an accredited college or university
- Working towards their FIRST Associate or FIRST Bachelor's degree
- A "class of 2015" graduating senior; registered at an accredited college or university
- 2014 AF Club Scholarship Program winners are not eligible to apply for the 2015 AF Club Scholarship Program
- To win a scholarship, you must meet eligibility/rules and provide all documents required. Failure to meet eligibility rules or provide proper documentation will result in automatic disqualification/forfeiture of award
- All winners' eligibility will be validated before prizes are awarded
- If, at the time the prize is actually awarded, the winning member's "status" has changed from the time of the actual selection, i.e., the account has become inactive, delinquent, or charged off, the individual's status will no longer be deemed "in good standing" and the prize will be forfeited
- Must provide acceptance letter or letter from the registrar's office verifying registration for the FY15 fall term. If the letter is not received by the stated key date (see key date/timeline chart) winner will forfeit his/her award.
- Installations will formally notify winners in person, present them with a check (template of check can be downloaded from downloadcentral site) and submit presentation photo(s) to the program POC:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants are responsible for providing correct and current information. Returned checks will not be reissued. The Program Manager is not responsible for incorrectly stated information.
- While club members are responsible for ensuring their address is up-to-date at all times, the installation POC is responsible for contacting the winner to validate their address.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The following categories of personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE:
- HQ USAF: Secretary of the Air Force, AF Chief of Staff; Vice Chief of Staff; Chief Master Sergeant of AF; Deputy Chief and Assistant Deputy of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services; Director and Deputy of Air Force Services; AF Services Career Field Manager; AF Services Operations Chief; AF Services Operation Club Program Manager; their spouses and immediate family members.
- Air Force Material Command (AFMC): Commander, Executive Director, Command Chief, their spouses and family members
- Air Force Installation Mission Support Center (AFIMSC): Commander, Vice Commander, Chief Enlisted Manager, their spouses and family members
- Air Force Services Activity (AFSVA): Commander, Deputy Commander, Chief Enlisted Manager, Director of Operations, AF Food and Beverage Division Chief, their spouses and family members
- Installation Level: Installation Commanders, their Vice Commanders, Command Chiefs and spouses and immediate family members. Base/Mission Support Commanders, their Deputies, spouses and immediate family members. Force Support Squadron (FSS) Commanders and/or Directors, FSS Deputies, FSS First Sergeants, FSS Flight Chiefs, their spouses and immediate family members
- Club management: Club Managers, Assistant Managers and Catering Managers
- Essay must be between 450 to 500 words
- Essay must be written using the selected topic
- Essay must be submitted on line starting 2 March and no later than 12 o'clock midnight, CST 1 May 2015
- Essay will be graded on relevance to topic question, content and grammar