Military Personnel

800 Kenny Ave. Bldg T-4353



Mission Statement: To provide excellent customer service for all our military, retiree, civilian and dependent personnel needs from cradle to grave.




1A8X1 AIRBORNE CRYPTO LINGUIST zone A and C have increased from 4.0 to 6.0.  Questions may be directed to Reenlistments at 456-5561

Solicitation Message 2012 Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) Military Meritorious Service Award (Suspense: 1 February 2012). POC AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492 or

Solicitation Message 2012 American Legion Spirit of Service Award (Suspense: 23 Apr 2012).  POC is AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

Solicitation Message 2010 USAF First Sergeant of the Year Award (Suspense: 2 April 2012). POC is AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

Solicitation Message 63rd William A. Jump Memorial Award (Suspense: 19 August 2012).  POC is AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

Solicitation Message 2012 - 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year (OAY) Award (Suspense: 2 Apr 2012).  POC is AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

Solicitation Message 2012 Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA) Grateful Nation Award (Suspense 28 May 2012). POC is AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

Solicitation Message 2012 Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE) Meritorious Service Award. (Suspense 23 February 2012). 

Solicitation Message for the 2012 Department of Defense (DoD) Outreach Awards. AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

Solicitation Message for the 2012 Department of Defense (DoD) Employee/Service Member with a Disability Award.  (Suspense 24 May 2012).  AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

Announcement Message for the Approval of the Humanitarian Service Medal (HSM) for Disaster Relief Operations. POC is AFPC/DPSIDR at 665-4492.

FY12 Initial Enlistment Bonus (IEB) Announcement Message. POC HQ AFPC/DPSIPE, DSN 665-2569, e-mail questions:

Summer 2012 Air Force Assignment System (AFAS) Process. POC is AFPC/DPAPSS at DSN 665-5011 or  




18 Jan 12- AFPC January Monthly Worldwide Webcast,, 0900 & 1700 CST 

19 Jan 12 –I’m Approved for Retirement-Now What?, 0900 & 1700 CST

*Tuesday/Thursday – INTRO brief – 0800 please call/visit the INTRO office to sign up 456-1501

* Wednesdays – TRAC Briefings – 1500 in MPS training room (Room 23) walk-in, POC – Reenlistments Office 456-7656


Important Reminders

Unit Sponsor Program Managers – Please ensure Sponsor RIP/Allocation Notices are completed in full and returned by

First Sergeants – please ensure that all SRP rosters are returned by the suspense.  Please contact the Career Development Reenlistments Office, TSgt Jeffery Kidwell at 456-4114 with any questions.

Second, please ensure that Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP) rosters are reviewed and signed by CC and returned by suspense date.  Please contact Force Management Employments Office, at 456-4881.

Members that are currently on the meal card will receive BAS due to the DFAC closing. It is scheduled to reopen March 2012. The POC for Leave and  BAS/SIK issues is the Customer Support Element 456-1501.

First Sergeants/support staffs – please review your monthly AF Good Conduct Medal Roster.  Roster and denial letters need to be submitted to the 2 FSS/Awards and Decorations office NLT COB on the 15th.  You are encouraged to make the denial letter part of your adverse actions process. Questions may be directed to 2 FSS/Customer Service Awards and Decorations at 456-4532.   Monthly Good Conduct Rosters will be posted in your unit’s “Rosters Folder” at the following link: 


First Sergeants – don’t forget to call the MPS/Force Management (Employments) office (456-4129) ASAP if you have a member that has been placed in confinement so their duty status can be updated.



MPS Hours

DEERS/ID CARD service hours are from 0730 - 1630hrs, Mon - Fri

All other MPS service hours are from 0900 - 1630hrs, Mon - Fri



Customer Support

Career Development

Force Management

Mon - Wed - Fri 0900-1630(0900-1100 Appts & 1300-1530 Walk-ins)

Tue - Thurs 0730-1630  (0800-1100 Appts & 1300-1530 Walk-ins)

Walk-ins are accepted however appointments are priority and encouraged

Customer Service

Customer Service/ID Cards

Open Monday - Friday  0730 -1630  (Military in Uniform needing a CAC or PIN Reset have priority from 0730 - 0830)

Telephone:  456-3710

Awards and Decorations

Open Monday - Friday  0730 - 1630

Telephone:  456-4532

Passport Office (by appointment)

Please call 456-4287 to make an appointment

Citizenship Office (by appointment)

Please call 456-4883 to make an appointment


Additional information:  See MPS FAQ below.

Where to go for additional self help:  VMpf through the AF portal


1.  Where are we located?

A: 800 Kenny Ave. Bldg T-4353 

2.  I am new to Barksdale.  How do I start in-processing?

A: Check in at MPS Customer Support Section before you go to your squadron.  The staff will be able to direct you from there.

3.  How long will it take to get my BAS set up?

A: It depends.  We have to wait for two things:

- For the member to bring the AF IMT 220 with the commanders signature.

- For the SIK to be faxed back from the dining facility.

4.  I'm a SrA and I lost my ID Card.  What do I need to get a new one?

A:  SrA and below must have a "Lost Letter" signed by the Commander, Sq Commander, or First Sergeant and two forms of identification.  One form of ID must contain your photo.

5.  My dependent/spouse lost his/her ID Card, do I have to be with him/her to get a new one? 

A:   Yes, the sponsor is required to sign the DD Form 1172, Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card DEERS Enrollment each time you are issued a new ID Card.   However, if your sponsor is deployed, you can renew your ID card with a Power of Attorney and two forms of ID, or a copy of your sponsor's deployment orders and two forms of ID.

6.  My CAC is blocked/locked.  Can I unlock it over the phone?

A:  No, you must come into the ID Card office to unlock your CAC because we must match your fingerprint to the one on file in the DEERS computer.

7.  How old do my children have to be to get ID Cards?

A:  ID Cards are issued to children when they turn 10.  However, if you are a single parent or a military member married to another military member, you can get your children ID Cards before they turn 10. 

8.  Do I have to notify the ID card office when I get married or divorced? 

A:  Yes.  Our office updates your DEERS record and your military personnel record.  You are required to keep these current at all times. 

9.  I am not a US Citizen and want to become a US Citizen, what do I have to do?

A:  If you are an active duty member, please visit the following web sites for information on how to become a US Citizen or call our office at 456-4883 and we will assist you with completing the paperwork:

AFPC Citizenship Application webpage  

US Citizenship and Immigration Service's (USCIS), A Guide to Naturalization.

10.  How long does the Citizenship process take?

A:  The process to become a US Citizen takes approximately 13 months.

11.  Can I re-enlist if I am not a US Citizen?

A: No, only US Citizens can re-enlist.

12.  How much does it cost?

A:  It is free for military members.

13.  Can I update my SGLI form on-line?

A: No, you must come to the Customer Service/ID Card office to update your SGLI form.




Disclaimer (as per AFI 33-129)
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare, and recreation sites, the U.S. Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
No federal endorsement of sponsorship intended.
Home | Calendar of Events | Contact Us | Sitemap | For Administrators | Search:
  Submit Search
Awards and Gifts
Barksdale Half Marathon & 5K
Barksdale Life (PDF)