Subscribe to the weekly 2 FSS Happenings email, click here.
Events listed are open to ALL DOD ID card holders and their dependents unless otherwise stipulated
Storage Units Now For Rent
Call Equipment Rental at 456-3426
Call 456-1866 to find out more
* 23 Aug, 6 pm at the base firing range
* Informative class setting to familiarize women w/ various handguns and long guns
* From safety to proper grip & trigger control, class helps women understand weapons
* Cost: $50 per person
* Bring a gun and ammo or rental guns available
* 24 Aug, 8 am at the base firing range
* Class meets all Louisiana State requirements for obtaining a concealed weapons permit.
* Includes all paper work (fingerprints, photo, and certificate) for submitting to LA State Police.
* $80 for military or civil service, $100 non-government.
* Notary available day of class. Must have LA driver's license or a LA ID available at the DMV.
* Contact Terry Miguez @ 518-6657 or firstname.lastname@example.org for registration or info. Red Chute Gun Club is also a POC for registration, call Paul Williamson at 453-0991
24 Aug, 10 am at Bell Fitness Center
Doubles team, single elimination format
Find out more at 456-3426
Starting 26 Aug, Single Airmen can stop by Fox Run and pick up a FREE punch card worth over $150 in golf – 5 rounds of golf, 10 range sessions, free rental clubs, & lessons. Stop by in person and pick up a card while they last.
26 Aug, 7 am at Bell Fitness center
Volleyball inside the racquetball courts
Total scores determine the winner. Bowlers use last year's high yearbook average. If no average, women will use 165 average and men will use 175 average. The handicap will be 80% of 200.
· Aug 29, 1 pm at Fox Run
· Over $1,500 in prizes
· Prices start at $30
Prime Rib Dinner
· Club Members pay $18 or $30/couple and others pay $ 20 or $36/couple
· Dress: Casual
· For Reservations, please contact Teresa Manley at 456-4926.
Moonlight 9 Pin-No-Tap Tournament
· Saturdays, Sept. 7 & 21, 6pm at Barksdale Lanes
· $12 person
· 3 games of moonlight 9 pin no tap with color pin money shots. NO HANDICAP
· 1st place receives a bowling ball 2nd & 3rd place receive cash
· Sign up at the bowling center or call 456-4133.
Mixed Doubles Bowling Tournament
Now - Sep 1 Monday- Thursday Friday
Lap Swim: 0530-0730 Open Swim: 1530-1900
Lap Swim: 1100-1230
Open Swim: 1530-1900
Saturday and Sunday
Open Swim: 1000-1900
Last Day- September 2 (Labor Day) Open Swim: 1000-1900
Weekdays after 1 pm, play 18 holes, ride in a cart & and enjoy a hot dog and icy
fountain beverage – ALL for JUST $17!
Only at Fox Run Golf Course. Find out more at 456-2263
· Rising costs and a struggling economy are forcing Airmen and their families to be more conscious of their spending decisions. PLAYpass offers Airmen and their families the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of MWR at a zero or minimal cost.
· Two family PLAYpass cards will be issued to those that meet eligibility requirements:
· First card is issued when the member is deployed (dependent restricted assignment and valid while on assignment plus 90 days afterwards)
· Second card issued upon return (valid 90-days from return date)
· Each card is valued at $500 allowing the family up to $1,000 to utilize MWR-focused social, recreational, fitness and learning programs
· Use the money on a family vacation through ITT, or on golf, bowling, arts & crafts classes, outdoor rec. programs, pool passes or much more.
· For more information about this program, contact the Airmen & Family Readiness Center at 456-8400
Wednesday Night Golf Scramble
· Every Wed Night, 5 PM @ Fox Run Golf Course
· $3.00 plus Green fee & Cart fee
· 9 holes of FUN, chips & salsa afterwards
· Call 456-2263 for details
· Open for lunch Monday-Friday 1030 am-1pm
· $5 lunch combos
· Soft serve ice cream and shakes available
· Located at the north pool
· Details at 456-4926
· Graphic design and printing services by industry leader PDG Graphics!
· Banners, signs, posters, business cards, booklets, brochures, retirement programs, invitations, newsletters, custom design work, logos, t-shirts and more – Affordable Quality Quickly!
· See the front desk of Arts & Crafts to inquire
· Arts.email@example.com or 456-3140
Louisiana Tech University announces Fall 2013 Quarter registration going on through September 9. Enrollment priority is given to military members but retirees, civil service workers, dependents, and even off-base civilians are all eligible to attend as well. Classes begin on September 5th and run through November 14th. You can read all about Tech's Barksdale Program at http://www.barksdale.latech.edu <http://www.barksdale.latech.edu/> . When you visit Louisiana Tech's offices in the Base Education Center you'll find highly qualified advisors who are happy to discuss how you can achieve your educational goals. You'll also find degrees available at the Associates, Bachelors, and Masters levels plus a Certificate program in Information Assurance. Call 456-5005/6 or come by the Tech office Monday-Friday anytime between 0830-1730 to see how easy it is to take advantage of our flexible schedules and how you can make your education dreams a reality.
· Licensed travel agent on staff! Years of experience finding the best deals for amazing vacations!
· All the ITT discounts: attraction tickets, trips, information
· Certified Travel Agent – cruises, airline flights, hotel, car rental or vacation packages
· Leveraged buying through partnerships with international host agency = great pricing
· JUST IN: Overnight trip to see a live Dallas Cowboys game, dinner at Medieval Times, a tour of TX Stadium, Round trip transportation and a room at the Hyatt – Just $199
· Visit us inside Arts & Crafts Center or call 456-1866
Barksdale Federal Credit Union & the 2ND Force Support Squadron present…
· HOT OFF THE PRESS: Military rate while it lasts…
$25 off Half marathon – your cost $10 $20 off 5K Run – Your cost $5
Sign up at the Bell Fitness Center
· The Barksdale Half Marathon & 5K Run is coming Sep. 21
· Start training now and commit by signing up
· This is part of the AFGSC Striker Life series
· The gates will open to the general public for this event
· Great swag including a breathable t-shirt, timing chip, race bib and medals for all finishers
· Proceeds from this event come back to your fitness center for programs
· Details at Sports Spectrum in Shreveport or at the Bell Fitness Center
No federal endorsement of sponsors intended
· Hosted by 1st SERGEANT COUNCIL
· SEP 19, 1pm Tee Time @ FOX RUN GOLF COURSE
· 4-person scramble format
· FEES (including green fees and cart): E1-E4: $28 / E5-E9: $33 / O1 and up: $35 / Contractors: $35 / Guests: $45
· Sign up w/ your 1SGT
· 28 Sep at paintball range
· Just $5 for 1st 75 Airmen
· Equipment and 500 rounds provided
· Sign up at (318) 309-4152
· Bring your pooch to the pool’s season finale’ on Tuesday, Sept 3
· Dogs are allowed to swim from 4-7 pm (owners may not)
· Event is FREE
· Great door prizes
· No aggressive animals please